Semi-Cylindrical Recession Trochleoplasty (SCRT)
- Semi-Cylindrical Recession Trochleoplasty or SCRT was developed as an alternatate technique to Trochlear Block (TBR) for femoral trochleoplasty in dogs with patellar luxation.
- SCRT is an alternative to trochlear block recession, trochlear wedge recession or abrasion sulcoplasty.
- SCRT preserves the cartilage on the femoral trochlea (like TBR) without the risk of complications (e.g. block fracture) and achieves press fit of the osteochondral graft with minimal manipulation.
- SCRT is technically simple and reproducible in dogs of all sizes.
- In a randomized, pilot, non-inferiority clinical trial SCRT and TBR patients performed similarly (manuscript accpeted for publication)
- Developed in conjunction with Michael Conzemius, DVM, PhD, DACVS
- For more info please contact NGD.